The South African Army Support Formation must manage by means of an
effective, efficient, economical and professional sustainmnet system to
support landward forces.
To provide effective, efficient and economical sustainment to all SA
National Defence Force landward forces and Joint Integrated Military
operations in support of first, second and fourth line.
The SA Army Support Formation centres on the provisioning of effective
and efficient logistical support systems to support the landward defence
capability which constitutes the following imposed tasks:
- The provision of support to the landward
defence capability by means of combat ready
units and sub-units supported to first line.
- The management of support components
(prime mission equipment) to the landward
- Human resource management of all support
personnel in the SA Army.
- Strategic direction of the SA Army
- Commanding all SA Army Support Formation
force structure elements (FSEs).