We exploit opportunities to deploy our capabilities to command rapid
43 SA Brigade is to be combat ready to group and deploy on operations
when so ordered.
To provide combat-ready land forces for the pursuance of national defence
and the prevention of war, failing which, to jointly and preferably multi
nationally, swiftly and decisively achieve national security goals and
collaboratively promoting peace and stability internally and externally in
concurrence with international obligations to contribute to the development
and upliftment of South Africa, its people and the African continent.
To provide a combat ready Brigade Headquarters for the employment by
Chief of the SA National Defence Force as required.
- Establishment - 2 April 1997
- Location - Wallmannsthal, Gauteng,
- Name Changed - 1 April 1999, 43
Mechanised Brigade changed to 46 South
- The Emblem
- Green / Black background: Mechanised
- The Iron Fist of the SA Army
symbolising decisive action
- Sword: Exercising of Command
- Flash: Rapid Deployment Force (Swift
- Motto: Combat Power